Ok I know all I blog about is food lately but I feel like my whole life is consumed with waiting for Billy to come home. There isn't much on my mind besides waiting for B to arrive so food is all I can think to blog about. Here was another delicous meal I made.
I just sliced some veggies: Zuchini, Yellow Squash, Onions, Potatoes (I usually add orange and yellow peppers but I didn't have any on hand). I usually like to do this and just sautee the veggies in a skillet over medium eat because it is quicker and you can crisp up your veggies if you like them a little more done. However I was feeling lazy and didn't want to have to watch or stir them so I cooked them in the oven this time.
Put your veggies in tin foil with a scoop of butter or margarine and some seasonings (I used a garlic pepper seasoning and I usually just through some other things, whatever I have in there). Bake in the oven at about 350 or 400 degrees. It takes a bit longer this way I'd say around 30 minutes but I wasn't really timing. I just periodically take it out and taste a potato (The Potatoes take the longest to cook through) to see if it is done yet. Works the same way and really great on the grill! You can always add some cheese in the last few minutes of cook time if you want to give some more flavor to it. YUM.
Also having been working indoors sitting bored at a desk all day I find myself craving a mid-day treat. Here is my new favorite to stay away from the cookies and chips...
Strawberry Smoothie! YUMMO.
This is super easy too, the first time I made a smoothie I was nervous too because you don't know how much to put in and how its going to turn out. But really theres no way to know until you try it. I start with a splash of juice at the bottom (Not to much it'll be too runny just a dash and you can always add more later if you need too.) Any kind of juice is fine I use some variety of Apple, Apple Cranberry, Apple Strawberry Kiwi...any of the the above is fine or whatever you like! Then add a few scoops of yogurt. I started with the plain but now I prefer strawberry bc I'm just a strawberry girl and why not add the extra boost of flavor. Then just start throwing fruit in! I use mostly strawberrys, some blueberries, and some blackberries. The only downside to blackberries is they have huge seeds that stay whole and you'll notice them when drinking the smoothie so if you don't like that leave out the blackberries and put more blueberries. Then blend it until its all mixed together! Do a taste test and see if you need to add more of anything and you'll eventually get it down pat. Try peaches, mango, and I've even heard to add a small amount of steamed broccoli for the nutrients and you won't even notice the difference in taste. I have yet to try that though. Obviously it's better with fresh fruit but sometimes that is hard to keep around so I use a combination of fresh and frozen. Just thaw out your frozen fruit for 30 min before making your smoothie, you probably won't know the difference.
Ok so that's my healthy dinner and healthy snack. Well sort of anyway!
ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment