Ok so blogging isn't new, but it is new to me! This is my first blog and I am rather confused on all the technical things involved still. I guess I will just start blogging and work out the details later. Also, any advice on how this thing works would be greatly appreciated.
I'll start by talking a little bit about myself I guess. I am just your average 22 year old girl. I went to the local cimmunity college and graduated with an Associate in Arts Degree and Interior Design Consultant Certificate in 2010. Now that I have been graduated for a year, and still don't have a job related to Interior Design, I have decided to go back to school for a full fledged Interior Design Degree. I am super excited to attend Iowa State University's design college this fall, because from what I hear they have a great program. Interior Design is my passion and has been ever since I could comprehend the idea of a "career." However in the meantime I have to pay the bills and so I have been working in the restoration business for about 3 years now. I work full time for Steamatic, and we restore houses that have had fire damage, water damage, mold damage, vandalism damage, and even trauma clean up. I specialize in fire damage restoration, specifically restoration of the home owners contents that were affected by the fire.
Besides restoration, I work retail at Pier 1 furniture store and at the local Farmer's Market. I am a busy lady, working 7 days a week and still trying to find time to enjoy life in there somewhere.
My boyfriend Billy and I just bought a house in the town he grew up in, which is where we both enjoy spending most of our time. We love our little town and our little house on our little piece of this earth :) Billy is currently serving our country in Afghanistan and has been since last August. I am very thankful that he will be coming home soon and ready to get back to our normal lives (although I am not sure there is normal life in the Army). I am so proud of him for what he does for this country and for everyone who lives in it. To him it is no big deal, that is just his job. How humble ;) He is a great man and I am lucky to have him in my life.
Well that is just a quick peak into Christine's life and maybe you learned some things about me that you didn't know. Of course there is alot more to my life than that but for now I think that's enough. Adios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment