Ok so I made another delicious meal for one last night and I am excited to share it!
I was looking at my food thinking "what should I have for dinner tonight?" I looked at the cheesy turkey dogs that cook in 3 minutes in the microwave. Tempting because it is easy but wanted something better. So I saw the tomato soup and thought alright soup and a cheese sandwich sounds alright.
I put the soup on and was prepping my sandwich as I was thinking about how delicious that zuchini and yellow squash was last night. Then it popped into my head..."What would happen if I put sliced zuchini on my grilled cheese?" Then I thought no that is weird and I kept on preparing my soup.
I usually put some shredded cheese or sliced cheese in my soup to jazz it up a bit.
Then I started to make my sandwich and just kept thinking, "Really, zuchini on a a grilled cheese sandwich sounds kinda good and if it turns out good I can write it in my blog and tell everyone I know!" SO I thought just try it!
So I sliced the zuchini and yellow squash into small round slices and sauted them quickly over medium heat. I sauted them because I wasn't sure if they would cook if I just put them straight on the sandwich. When the veggies were cooked I put the cheese on the bread and then the veggies on top and then the other slice of bread and cooked like a normal grilled cheese sandwich!
Then when it was all done, the moment of truth. Is it gonna be good? It has to be bread, cheese, and zuchini. Sounds delicious right?!
IT WAS!
So there you have it. Cheesy Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese and Zuchini Sandwich. (Grilled cheese, with out feeling like a little kid eating it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum!! I love grilled cheese. I'm for sure going to have to try this! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's really good Jackie! I love zuchini now and so I am just tryingt o find more ways to jazz stuff up with it. Just make you sure sautee your slices of zuchini first so they get cooked through. Other than that it was super easy!
ReplyDelete