Ok today's post isn't going to be the most positive but I'll try not to get too negative on you. Billy and I just bought a house. Now it isn't a new house by any means...let's just say it is a "fixer upper". Which is great for us because it is our first house and me being an Interior Design freak, I love being able to take something old and redo it how I want to make it our own.
I moved all of our stuff into the house about a month ago when we got the place. If you read my first blog you would know that I am working in Waterloo for the summer. Basically Sunday night I drive to Waterloo (it takes about 2 hours and a half tank of gas) then work all week (The shop I work in is owned by my uncle, luckily enough there is an empty apartment above the shop that I live in for free) then when 4:30 on Friday rolls around I drive back to Ankeny (another 2 hours) and work in Ankeny on Saturday and Sunday.
I didn't mind doing this at the beginning of the summer because I needed to get out of my old job in Urbandale (I had a monster of a boss) and this was the best solution. Plus Billy is gone so what else do I have to do besides work. At the time I lived in a crappy apartment, which really wasn't that crappy but I went from a nice place and had to down grade because of the deployment. I didn't like my apartment anyways so I didn't mind only being home on the weekends.
Now that we have an amazing HOME that I love and I have ALOT of work to do on the house, I am getting sick and tired of traveling so far every week for work. Like when I am in Waterloo, I get off work at 4:30 and I sit and watch TV, I don't know anyone here, and I just think about how much I could be getting done if I was home in Ankeny!
Ah it is frustrating to sit here when I know there is so much to do back home. And not to mention it is exhausting to drive so much and work everyday, yes EVERYDAY, I don't get a day off I work 7 days a week. I am just exhausted and have so much to do at home, but by the time I get there I have 2 half days to get stuff done and I am either to tired or to overwhelmed to get anything done.
Not to mention that there is no time in there for friends. Wow.
Ok I got it off my chest and I feel a little better, the good news is that I am only doing this until Billy comes home, which should be in a few weeks if all goes according to plan. So I am almost done! The other good side of the whole thing is that I am lucky and grateful to have a full time job, and making good money. Especially because I won't be making a lot of money when school starts in the fall.
Ok Im done sorry about the ranting and raving!!!
This is how I feel today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment