Ok so it is really hard to cook for one, trust me I've been doing it the past year while Billy is Afghanistan. I don't eat alot and I don't like left overs much. When Billy is home it is no big deal if I make to much because he will take to work with him the next day. However when its just me, food gets wasted and I hate wasting it.
Well here is one super easy meal I make on little money and little mess!
I really like to make spaghetti because it's so easy to make just the amount you want to eat. However plain old spaghetti gets old so I wondered how I could jazz it up and I decided to play around with it.
Well I found a DELICIOUS way to make spaghetti even better.
All you need is:
-Whole Grain Spaghetti (You don't have to use whole grain but it's better for you!)
-Tomato Sauce (If your cooking for one you know that those HUGE spaghetti sauce jars have far too much, so buy plain tomato sauce it comes in an 8oz can which is perfect for one LARGE serving and old cost about $0.30. You'll find the tomato sauce by the canned tomatoes, not by the spaghetti sauce)
-Grated Parmesan Cheese
-1 Small Fresh Vidalia Onion
-1 Fresh Zuchini
-1 Fresh Yellow Squash (It looks just like the zuchini, only its yellow)
-1 Slice of Cheese or Shredded Cheese works as well.
Ok so you can imagine how easy this is I probably don't need to explain but I will.
Cook your whole grain spaghetti as usual in boiling water for approx. 6 minutes. Start your tomato sauce on medium high heat. In the meantime start slicing your veggies up. You only need to use about half of a small onion, dice as small as you possibly can. I usually use about half of the zuchini and half of the yellow squash. Cut into thin round slices. Put your zuchini, squash, and about half of the onions in a skillet. Add a small amount of butter to keep from burning and cover them, stirring often(I like to flip them rather than stir because they may tear). Put the other half of the onions in the sauce which should be warming up by now. Then break your slice of cheese into small chunks and add to the sauce as well. Stir well and when the sauce is warm enough the cheese will blend well. The onions and cheese add great flavor to the plain sauce.
Now the fun part. When your spaghetti is cooked drain the water. Place your spaghetti on your plate. Then add sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top. Add your veggies on top and ENJOY. Can you say YUMMMMMMMMM?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment